The church: St Margaret
- This thirteenth-century church has three bells, which are used carillon-style
to announce services.
- The church is the only one in the benefice to benefit from a kitchen and a toilet.
- Some of the services are led by the laity.
- During 2007 a small car parking space was created
at the east end of the churchyard, with a gravel path, providing disabled
access to the church.
here for Simon Knott's report on this church.
- There is a total population of around 300.
- You can see more photographs of, and information about, the village at
its own website.
- Swannington has held Open Garden Days: visit
the website here.
- There are two businesses in the village that are worth a visit.
- The Romantic
Garden Nursery holds a fine selection of topiary, ornamental standards
and specimen trees and shrubs.
Farm to Fork is an excellent farm butchery and suppliers. It is
run by the Mutimer family, who have been supplying local quality caterers
and restaurants since 1973, but since 2005 have made their products
available to the general public.
Click here to return to the list of churches in the