The church: St Faith
- This lovely little church dates from the early 14th century. It retains
- The church is now redundant. It fell into disuse in the 1930s, but it
was not until 1967 that Mrs Eve Baker climbed intrepidly through a window
and established the existence of some splendid medieval wall paintings.
The church was becoming ruined and the paintings were flaking off the
- As a result of Mrs Baker's exploration, the Norfolk
Churches Trust and the Council for the Care of Churches took responsibility
for renovation and maintenance, and the building was ultimately brought
under the care of The
Churches Conservation Trust (from whose booklet, by Anthony Barnes,
this information is taken).
- The dedication of St Faith was transferred to the Mission Church in Lenwade
(previously All Saints) when the Little Witchingham building became redundant.
here for Simon Knott's report on this church.
- There is a population of around 10.
- Many shops and other local facilities are to be found in Lenwade /
Click here to return to the list of churches in the