The church : St Mary (The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
- This beautiful thirteenth-century, grade I listed church stands 1.5 miles outside its village.
- It has two bells, although these are currently unsafe to ring.
- The church is large and light (with, as from 2009, electric light and heating for the first time in its history!), with a wonderful acoustic.
- Like Alderford, it has a Seven Sacrament font.
- Click here for Simon Knott's report on this church.
- The parish of Great Witchingham includes the hamlet of Lenwade, and the area is known locally by both names.
- There is a total population of over 600 when combined with Little Witchingham and Lenwade.
- Many shops and other local facilities are to be found in Lenwade.
- Great Witchingham Hall is the head office for Bernard Matthews Turkey Farms.